One of the South’s top food and music festivals returns to Champions Square Nov. 8 with boudin dishes from more than 70 chefs
NEW ORLEANS – Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s signature outdoor food and music festival Boudin, Bourbon & Beer kicks off on Friday, Nov. 8 at Champions Square and features a lineup of more than 70 local and national chefs. Tickets for the ninth-annual event include all food and beverage and are available at BoudinBourbonandBeer.com.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer will showcase award-winning chefs preparing their own creative styles of boudin sausage. Chef Emeril Lagasse, along with co-chairs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Aarón Sánchez will host this evening of food, music and philanthropy that puts Louisiana’s famous Cajun sausage in the spotlight.
The following is a preview of some of the 70+ boudin-inspired dishes that attendees can find at Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2019. The full menu is available here.
- Cory Bahr, Parish Restaurant (Monroe, LA) – Whole Hog Boudin
- Frank Brigtsen & Emily Pfeifer, Brigtsen’s – Vegetarian Smoked Mushroom Boudin
- Eric Cook, Gris Gris – Smoked Boudin Blanc, Bacon Braised Brussels with Bourbon Blueberry Syrup
- Nina Compton, Compère Lapin/Bywater American Bistro – Jerk Pork Banh Mi
- Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery/Justine – Fried Rice Boudin with Sesame Mayo, Peanut Furikake
- Jonathan & Justin Fox, Fox Bros. BBQ (Atlanta, GA) – Red Beans & Rice Boudin with Duck Tasso
- Michael Gulotta, MayPop/MoPho/Rum and the Lash – Boudin Chimichanga with Spicy Mustard
- Alex Harrell, The Elysian Bar – Merguez Meatballs with Smoked Sweet Potato Harissa & Apples
- Donald Link, Link Restaurant Group – Cajun Boudin with Cochon Mustard
- Tory McPhail & Chris Lynch, Commander’s Palace – Cochon de Lait Tostada
- Michael Nelson, GW Fins – Salmon Belly Yakitori, Umeboshi Glaze, Kimchi Slaw
- Kris Padalino, Brennan’s Restaurant – Banana Bourbon Bacon Moonpie
- Allison Richard, High Hat Café – Boudin Meatloaf
- Stephen Stryjewski, Link Restaurant Group – Fried Boudin Tamale with Jalapeño Glaze
- Leighann Smith, Piece of Meat Butcher – Boudin Eggrolls
- Isaac Toups, Toups’ Meatery/Toups South – Boudin White Bread Sammy
In addition to samplings of over 70 creative boudin dishes, guests can enjoy a variety of cocktails from some of New Orleans’ top mixologists in the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Tent and taste specialty brews and cask selections in the Abita Beer Garden Tent. Open bars stocked with premium spirits, fine wines and more provided by Au Bon Climat, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, Landmark Vineyards, JNSQ and FIJI Water will also be available. Attendees will have access to an exclusive silent auction featuring custom dining experiences and restaurant packages curated by featured chefs, as well as a cigar-tasting hosted by Nat Sherman.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer is as much a music event as it is a culinary event. While the chefs & bartenders will keep the food & drinks flowing, guests can enjoy a star-studded music lineup featuring Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Grace Potter, Fruition and Motel Radio.
Tickets are on sale for $135 in advance and will increase to $150 on Nov. 1. Ticket prices are inclusive of all food and drink. Proceeds from Boudin, Bourbon & Beer allow the Foundation to support children’s culinary and nutrition education programs throughout the year, including its signature program, Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen, a national education initiative created to enrich the lives of elementary and middle school children through a fun, fresh perspective on food.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer is the first event of Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s two-night signature fundraising weekend and is held annually the night prior to nationally recognized charity wine auction and gala dinner, Carnivale du Vin. Last year’s fundraising weekend raised $3 million for children’s charities along the Gulf Coast.
About Emeril Lagasse Foundation:
Founded in 2002 by Chef Emeril Lagasse and his wife Alden, Emeril Lagasse Foundation is a 501c(3) public charity headquartered in New Orleans. The Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities to inspire, mentor and enable youth to reach their full potential through culinary, nutrition and arts education with a focus on life skills development. Since its inception, Emeril Lagasse Foundation has granted more than $11 million to children’s charities to support culinary, nutrition and arts programs. The Foundation recently launched its signature program, Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen, a national education initiative created to enrich the lives of elementary and middle school children through a fun, fresh perspective on food. To learn more about the Foundation and its beneficiaries, visit Emeril.org, or follow on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.